It is incredibly important that the NSO hears from its users. We value your voice. This is what ensures we are responsive to the wants and needs of educators across the UK and Ireland.
That is why in 2021 we created the NSO Champions usergroup.
The NSO Champions meet 4 times a year to guide the direction and development of the NSO.
Our current Champions
- Alice Perry, Abingdon School
- Andy Brittain, Lady Eleanor Holles School
- David Allden, University of Wolverhampton
- Fergus Lear, The John of Gaunt School
- Helen Brown, Ormskirk School & 6th Form
- Kate Arrand, Wigan and Leigh College
- Louise Ledger, Trinity Academy St Edward's
- Parvin Mansour, St Ambrose College
- Peter Biggs, St Laurence’s Catholic Primary School
- Peter Kane, Kilglass National School
- Sarah Llewellyn-Davies, Castell Alun High School
- Steffan Tudor, Ysgol Glan Clwyd
Membership of the Champions is currently closed.
If you are interested in becoming a Champion in the future, please have a look through the current NSO Champions agreement and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want this group to be as representative as possible of the voice of educators throughout the UK and Ireland. Therefore, we have set the following targets:
- There must be representation from primary, secondary, and further education levels.
- There must be representation from at least 3 (ideally all 5) of the nations covered by the NSO: England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.
- There must be a maximum of one teacher from a fee-paying school.
- We would like representation from at least 2 teachers from the Liverpool City Region, in line with our commitment to Liverpool John Moores University and our civic duty.